What is salt therapy?
Halotherapy is a Salt Therapy that utilizes a halogenerator to grind and crush 99,99% Pure Grade Sodium Chloride (salt) into micronized particles that are dispersed into a salt room, salt cave, or salt chamber via a salt aerosol that works to aid respiratory concerns and skin conditions. If there is no halogenerator, there is no halotherapy.
How salt therapy works
The 3 Fundamentals of Salt Therapy
1. Super Absorbent — salt acts like a sponge attracting foreign substances along its path through the respiratory tract. The salt behaves like a toothbrush that cleans the respiratory system removing the build-up of foreign elements that cause various respiratory ailments and conditions.
2. Anti-Inflammatory — Inhaled salt particles may help to reduce inflammation in the entire respiratory tract and widen the airway passages. A clean respiratory system naturally results in higher oxygen intake, increased energy, and an improved immune system.
3. Anti-Bacterial — The salt particles act as an anti-bacterial agent, dissolving bacteria and pollutants lodged in the respiratory tract. These are then either coughed up or naturally expelled by the body..
Salt Therapy is also extremely beneficial to your skin in treating:
Who benefits from salt therapy
Halotherapy benefits adults and children alike, as well as athletes and animals. It is natural and safe and there are no side effects. Many people who undergo halotherapy as a complementary treatment on a regular basis may find relief from a variety of respiratory conditions such as:
- Coughs, Colds & Flu
- Sinus Infections/Sinusitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ear Infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Allergies/Hay Fever
- Snoring & Sleeping Problems
In addition, salt naturally produces negative ions that have been shown to reduce: